Re: [opensuse] Missing xenpae.gz
  • From: Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:47:09 +0100
On Tuesday 04 March 2008 10:06:59 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi@xxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi,
after having installed packages kernel-xenpae and xen I found a
"Suse xenpae" entry in grub's menu.lst reading

kernel /boot/xen-pae.gz

but this xenpae.gz wasn't present in /boot. Is this due to a bug
in the installer or did I mess up something?
Should xenpae.gz be a link to xen.gz ?

I don't know. Isn't this documented in the manuals? If not,
please file a bugreport in our bugzilla.

according to the docs PAE is needed only to access > 3GB on a 32 bit
machine; I guess that PAE stuff should be unnecessary on a 64 bit
host (infact the 32bit version of package xen contains a xen-pae.gz
file, while the 64 bit version does not), but in this case the
installer shouldn't create a pae entry in grub; I'll wait to
read what others have to say before creating a bogus entry in bugzilla