[opensuse] Alternative to rusers-server (rpc.rstatd & rpc.usersd) on openSuse
  • From: Ole Jacob Taraldset <ojt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:57:29 +0100
Hi,

My company has been using Linux for about 10 years and started out using
RedHat/Fedora. To check stats on Linux clusters we have used remote
procedure calls (rpc.rstatd and friends, eg rup). These utilities have
always been available in RedHat type distributions, but not in Suse.
What is the reason for this? Are there any good alternatives? What we
need is to be able to check number of users, load average etc without
logging in to each of the computers, eg using a script to collect this
information from many computers and present to the user.

Regards,
Ole Jacob