Re: [opensuse] Editing Text Retrieved via HTTP GET & Saved via HTTP POST?
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:30:30 +0000
On 01/03/2008, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 01 March 2008 12:10, Benji Weber wrote:
> On 01/03/2008, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, my question is: Does anyone know of an editor that can do
> > this? Apart from the URL the only parameter required to POST the
> > new data back to the server is the name of the HTTP parameter name
> > with which to associate the uploaded data. That value is under my
> > control, if it would be helpful to pick some specific value instead
> > of the one I chose.
>
> I believe any KDE app will do this, so kwrite/kate.

Really? Let me see...

I tried Kate. Reading works, not too surprisingly, but it's not able to
POST the edited contents back to the URL from which it originally
retrieved them.

Are you sure? Seems to work for other people
http://news.opensuse.org/2007/07/18/nice-trick-to-use-apiopensuseorg-native-with-kde-apps/
for example.

--
Benjamin Weber