Re: [opensuse] SATA RAID recommendations?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:00:32 +0100
Anders Norrbring wrote:

actually a software based piece of trash with a BIOS onboard.

Oh, I also placed an order for a Adaptec 2820SA HBA which is a real RAID controller....

sqorry if I seem silly, but how can any raid controller work without any software? if not in user space nor kernel space; it must be somewhere onboard?

any scsi controller (any hdd, by the way) have some sort of software onboard :-)

of course there is good and bad software (evan the microprocessor have software :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur