Re: [opensuse] Recommended by Microsoft [OT]
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 09:19:08 +0000
Peter Bradley said:
Brain dead MS users are not going to start buying SUSE Linux, are they. (sic)

I guess Novell was targeting the non-brain dead ones, then <rolls eyes>

From the link below ( http://www.linux-mag.com/id/2977/ ;)

"The community could very well be upset but from the look of things, Mr. Allison may have been the only one leaving Novell behind. Rather, in the short term, the very opposite has happened. Novell's Linux business skyrocketed last quarter and in fact is the only part of their business that appears to be doing well.

The company reported last week that revenue from Linux Platform Products was up 46% from the same quarter last year to $15M and Linux-related invoicing was up a staggering 659% to $91M."

Whether this'll work out well long-term, IDK. I don't see how it harms open source particularly.