Re: [opensuse] The BBC is asking if they should support Linux
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:46:18 -0600
Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 10:09 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> Mike McMullin wrote:

>>> I'll see your Pertwee and raise you Peter Cushing, from the movie,
>>> IIRC. :)
>>> Tennant has this gushing "Wow Humanity" thing going on that Baker
>>> didn't, and where is the trademark apparel (scarf? jellybabies?)?
>>>

>> I thought Cushing was "ok",
>> but.......................................... Who was that guy that did
>> the [ I think it was Fox ] movie about the turn of the century. Didn't
>> care much for him either.
>>

> Which one, the "old" Doctor or the "new" doctor. Oddly enough I
> thought he might have been tapped for the new serial, Eckleston was ok,but is accent was tough to cut through at times.

Back about 2000 I think Fox made a Dr. Who movie [ made for TV ] about
the change in Millennium. I can't remember who played the Dr but I think
it was an American. Anyway, the movie was "opk"
but......................................

>> Those were only trademarks of Tom Baker.Did you notice that as his stint
>> as the Dr. his scarves got longer? [ I think Jon Pertwee did use a white
>> scarf though, may be wrong. ] Colin Baker had a sprig of parsley as his
>> decoration. Never saw any of the fellow that came after him.
>>

> I had not noticed that about his scarf, but I do recall that one Dr.
> Who Comic book had the instructions for knitting one just like it.

If I recall a documentary I saw somewhere the last scarf was something
like twelve feet long. Made for Tom by a fan. Said he hated the thing
cause he was forever tripping over it.

>> I think all the Dr's had an all abiding love for humanity.
>>

> Certainly it's a reason for them to be around humans so much, but his has gone over the top, IMO.

Real aliens probably wouldn't work for scale. *<[:oD

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh