[opensuse] Adding new IMAP accounts with Kontact/Kmail
  • From: Brian Jackson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:54:46 -0800
Hello-

On my 10.2 box, I'm trying to add my various IMAP email accounts in
Kontact, but everytime I go to 'Check What the Server Supports' in the
'Security' tab, I get the following error:

Connect to most xxxx.xxxx.xxxx is broken

I currently use a suse 9.2 box for mail with Kontact, and all is
configured the same. It works on the 9.2 box and has for years. Even
on ly laptop running 10.0 is fine.

I've typed in the right username, passwd, mailhost, and port.
The server is up and running and I can check mail with other mail
clients.

If I try to check email, I get an Error popup saying "The connection to
server [named connection] was unexpectedly closed or timed out. It
will be re-established automatically if possible"

I've trolled online for an answer, but have been unsuccessful :(

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
brian

--