Re: [opensuse] Print to file PDF Firefox 2 & Konqueror
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:16:47 +0100
Torsdag 15 februar 2007 18:57 skrev Jan Tiggy:
> > I need to print to PDF from FireFox2. When print is selected, only the
> > "Print to file PostScript/default" option is available besides the
> > normal printers.
> > OpenOffice Writer produces PDF's flawlessly.
> > I have also read that Ghostscript 5.10 upwards installs ps2pdf.
> > I have an Installed SUSE 10.1 with ghostscript 8.15.3-18.2 library &
> > ghostscript-x11 V 8.15.2rc1-20.
> >
> > Print to PDF of web page contents is possible in Konqueror, but delivers
> > this error message.
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Set
>ting_up_a_PDF_printer_in_CUPS_in_my_case_in_Slackware
>
> thx

Hi,

I followed the instructions from the web-site to the letter. All with no
errors at all, the PDF printer shows up in all printerdialogs.
I select it, it prints, no errors - as far as I can tell.

Eh, where are my pdf file then ?

The web-site says do:
#lpadmin -p PDF -v
pdf:/directory/of/your/choice/ -E -P /usr/share/cups/model/distiller.ppd

The directory of my choice was /home/vk/Documents/somedir/

What is it that I do not understand?