Re: [opensuse] AD and OpenSuSE10.2 (Identity Manager for Unix)
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:28:50 +0100
Torsdag 15 februar 2007 18:08 skrev Moby:
> Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > - has anyone tried using MS-Win2003R2 AD as authentication/authorisation
> > for SuSE10.2 users?
> >
> > if so, is there a how-to somewhere?
>
> I have and it works quite well. Unfortunately, I did not find a single
> comprehensive HOW-TO or source of information, but got bits and pieces
> from different places and then added some bits of my own. One of these
> day (tm), time permitting, I may put together a how-to. In the
> meantime, feel free to ask.

- thank you!

In the MS box, I installed the "Identity Manager for Unix" component. I then
added a user and filled in some UID, home path and some details. Now, I need
MS to allow my Linuxbox to ask for authentication, how?

- second q: in the linux box, would one select NIS or LDAP as authentication
mechanism? I would think NIX, but...?

- do I need the MS box to run a DNS server and all in order for this to work?