Re: [opensuse] Disappearing KDE panel after installing patches
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:11:33 -0500
On Thursday 15 February 2007 12:45, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Once I logged back in
> through the session manager, the panel returned, and I configured it
> the way I wanted, set up my 4 desktops with separate backgrounds, and
> loaded my applications that I normally keep running in my desktops.
> While I'm not 100% sure of what is killing the panel, I was just
> wondering if anyone else had seen this.

Yes, it has been a long occuring problem.... both on 10.1 and now on 10.2

The way I fix it is to go to settings --> desktop --> hiding

and turn hiding off and then on using apply in between. If you don't
normally use hiding, you might have to turn it on and then off.... or some
other combination but that's better than deleting your .kde