Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:51:28 -0600
On 02/12/2007 John E. Perry wrote:
> Of course, I do wish the repository checking were more efficient.
> Almost all the time it takes is under "checking for updates" and
> "checking requirements", even though it has just turned orange because
> updates were available.

Then when it opens says "No Updates Available" or tells you that there
are no installable sources for the updates. Those were the favorite
tricks for the last 10.2 install. Only up and running for a little over
twenty-four hours it seems to be behaving itself so far this time.

> And WHY do I have to remember to check the automatic requirements
> checking box every time? If anything, it should be the opposite --
> default to checking requirements, and unchecking for the odd occasion
> when it's not appropriate for some special reason.

I concur with this one. Why doesn't it default to checked? Or better
yet, why does there need to be a check box to begin with? IMHO, auto
check should just be automatic..