Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 2.0.4, should one upgrade?
  • From: Danesh Daroui <Danesh.D@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:32:14 +0100
Jay Smith wrote:

Hey,

So I have OpenOffice 2.0.4, no big deal. I noticed that when people send me

things in *.doc format, it is distorted, in particular, pictures, tables, and

frames. Does anyone else have this problem? If you do, how did you solve it?

Would it be better to upgrade to 2.1.0, if so, what's the "cleanest" way to

install all the rpms? Is there a repository for it? Thanks for your help.

Jay

If you have apt-get installed on your machine you can select a package and ask for an upgrade for it. I think the correct format is

apt-get upgrade (or update) openoffice

use "man apt-get" to make sure