[opensuse] Konsole and rzsz
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:39:43 +0000
Hi all,

A few SuSE versions back ( can't remember when ), I was able to use
Konsole to perform a ssh connection to a remote machine and, from that
machine, execute a command like: sz <filename>. When that command was
executed, a window would pop up on the Konsole with a dialog asking
where I would like to save the file...
That would initiate a zmodem transfer of the specified file...

At least since from 10.1, this method does not work anymore but, the
send 'Zmodem Upload' option still works.

This a very useful feature for me. Do I need to do some extra
configuration on openSUSE 10.2 to make this work ?

I've googled a few pages and found that other people have this
problem but, couldn't find any answers for it...

Can anyone give a help on this matter ?

Thanks,

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/

They that would give up essential liberty for
temporary safety deserve neither one of them.