Re: [opensuse] pcHDTV HD-5500 - HDTV for your Linux desktop
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:59:56 -0500
On Wed February 14 2007 11:15 am, Kenneth Schneider scratched these
words onto a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 09:59 -0600, JB wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 February 2007 09:17, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > On Wed February 14 2007 9:25 am, JB scratched these words onto a
> > > coconut
> > >
> > > shell, hoping for an answer:

> > > Depends, can you get "regular" thru the air telly from your local
> > > stations? Newsweek had a story about folks being able to get
> > > their local stations HD broadcasts w/ "rabbit ears" type antennae
> > > .
> >
> > Heh...we have 2 whole channels to choose from with regular
> > 'network' TV, and are still hard to pick up way out where I'm at.
> > They both suck horrendously (programs they show) and neither
> > broadcasts anything HD.
> > Thanks though. Maybe someone else will get something out of what
> > you found. It sounds interesting at least.
>
> Ever hear of satellite TV? I'm in the city and it still beats cable
> hands down.
yep, I've had it ( Directtv ) since they started up. Wouldn't be w/o
it... that, and tivo's ability to back up and "hear that again"
feature, saves a lot of arguments ... also, it's really nice to come
into some program that looks interesting, and as w/ satellite 's
program gird, look to see if it's on at another time, so you can see it
from the begining .

These days, w/ all the conspiracy ( but fictional) programming, you
could easily get lost if you are unable to Tivo something , say
Jerrico ( sp?) or The Unit, NCIS, etc. Even if you can only
afford "basic" you get more programming than cable basic.. And you can
just about get all the hardware thrown into your package, and the
instalation as well, free.

;)