Re: [opensuse] weird firefox problem
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:14:36 -0500
On Tue February 13 2007 21:59, Dan wrote:
> I added java support in firefox by using these instructions.
>
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/java.html#Linux
>
> and now when ever i open up a browser, the address bar and the page or
> tab window is bouncing up and down as if it is scrolling up and down few
> pixels very fast

Not quite the correct thing to do, Dan. openSUSE is an rpm-based distribution,
so you should always look for the correctly packaged solution before 'rolling
your own' or installing tarballs or installing binaries packaged for
other/generic distributions.

First, reverse the steps you followed, above, to restore the system to it's
former state. Next, drill down from the opensuse.org main page to the
installation options page and locate the instructions for adding the Java
installation source... add that, then launch YaST's 'Software Management'
module to add the version(s) you want.

hth & regards,

Carl