Re: [opensuse] Remote desktop on 10.2
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:06:37 -0800
On Tuesday 13 February 2007 15:37, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I use it all the time to go through VPN into my Windows XP and Windows
> > 2003 workstations.
> >
> > Just use rdp://username@computername to connect. Because I'm not on the
> > DNS for my LAN when going through VPN, I use rdp://username@IP_Address to
> > connect.
> >
> > http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2007/20070213_rdc_work.jpg
> >
> > There, that's a screen shot I just took from my laptop.
>
> wow .. that's awesome!
>
> can't wait to try it out.

I wish you luck. Should work out pretty easily. Keep in mind that the
workstation (2K, XP, 2003) needs to have RDP setup. On my XP box, I selected
My Computer (right) > Remote tab > Allow users to connect remotely to this
computer. By default, your login will work, then you can add others if
needed.

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos