Re: [opensuse] smart (was: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare)
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:53:50 -0600
On Tuesday 13 February 2007 10:21:36 am Joachim Schrod wrote:

> Sorry, but none of these URLs answers the specific question from my
> email. To repeat it:
>
> The last time I looked at smart, I had to care for SuSEconfig
> execution and daemon restarts myself; whereas apt4rpm does this out
> of the box. Has this been changed by now?
>
> Joachim

Don't know the correct answer but I do notice that some RPMs will run their
specific portion of SuSEconfig when smart installs them.

I've modified the menu entry for smart --gui to run 'ldconfig && SuSEconfig'
when I quit smart. I too am waiting for a definitive answer on this. At one
time i heard that the SUSE developers are working to eliminate the need to
run SuSEconfig and/or that smart may gain the same capability as
apt/synaptic.

Stan