Re: [opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:51:04 -0800
On Monday 12 February 2007 19:58, Bryan Tyson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 09:24 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > Keep in mind that WinXP - by default - hides the BSOD from you, unless
> > you
> > change a setting to show the blue screen.
>
> I did not know that! When there is a BSOD but it is hidden, what happens
> to the computer, or what does the screen look like? What does the user
> experience, a frozen system? Where is the setting to unhide the BSOD?
>
> Bryan
> --

It reboots.. Right Click My Computer --> Properties --> Error reporting or
something..

Also, you can change the BSOD to a different color.. Mine is a GSOD

notepad.exe %systemroot%\system.ini

Find the [386enh] section and add or change the following lines:

MessageBackColor=#
MessageTextColor=#

#'s are:
0 = black
1 = blue
2 = green
3 = cyan
4 = red
5 = magenta
6 = yellow/brown
7 = white
8 = gray
9 = bright blue
A = bright green
B = bright cyan
C = bright red
D = bright magenta
E = bright yellow
F = bright white

Be sure to use CAPITALS if you use A - F

Save and reboot.. :)

Ben Kevan