Re: [opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:50:29 -0500
jdd wrote:
Eberhard Roloff wrote:

For sure windows needs more reboots than linux does, but does this qualify as a quality grade for an OS? I have my doubts...

this become quite OT... but if you are in the way of compiling a video film (6 hours work) and you want to install an utility that need reboot, you do what?

Why would you need to reboot Linux after installing a utility??? The only install I'm aware of that requires a reboot is a new kernel. If you have to reboot after installing an app or utility or just about anything else, you're running the wrong OS.