Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:38:49 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-02-11 at 20:48 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

> On 02/11/2007 Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > You should check your system to see what other packages come from
> > factory,
> > but I'm unsure now how to detect them.
>
> The question is now moot. I spent all afternoon reinstalling 10.2.
> Another few hours doing the mandatory updates. Still got the Hal
> problems [ can't mount the zip drive and floppy ]. Can't win-m-all I
> suppose.

Solve problems one by one ;-)

I would define an entry in the /etc/fstab for the floppy, and use manual
mount only. I do that for dvds, haven't tried floppies.

I have often noticed that after I mount a device, I can not umount it
because the famd daemon is using it; so I simply do "rcfam restart", then
umount. A nuisance, certainly.

You can check like this:

nimrodel: # umount /mnt/
umount: /mnt: device is busy