[opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:19:36 +0100
Doug McGarrett wrote:
On Sunday 11 February 2007 09:40, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Sunday 11 February 2007 15:11, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
As far as I know I only use four apps that require Gnome. Firefox,
Thunderbird, Gftp and Gramps. Well, maybe five if you include Sunbird.
NOW I can't even update my KDE stuff without getting into LONG strings
of Gnome conflicts.
/snip/

Firefox does not require Gnome. It runs perfectly well on KDE.

--doug
While this is perfectly ok, Firefox imho is a gtk-application.

So you will need at least some basic "gnome-stuff" to run it. Additionally it shows this gnomisch file dialogue (at least when you run the default) to remind you that KDE is not where it was built. ;-))

regards
Eberhard