Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:48:32 -0600
On 02/11/2007 Bryan S. Tyson wrote:
> I scrapped 10.2 in less than a week. However, no need to switch to
> Windows.
> While you wait for suse to straighten out, I can tell you at least
> the
> following work great: mepis, kubuntu, mandriva, fedora.

It's been a while but I did try Mandriva/Mandrake before I settled on
SuSE. I can't say just exactly why but I didn't like it very much. I
tried a live CD of a "special" Ubuntu release and it seemed ok, but it
wasn't "Kubuntu". Fedora I've never messed with at all.

SimplyMEPIS was what re-ignited my thoughts of using Linux. That was
somewhere back about version 3 something. I liked it, but
................ Right now I have about 94% of 6.0* downloaded, but all
I could find was a i386 download. Not to sure how that is going to work
out. On the web site they talk about an x86-64 version but I didn't see
it on a mirror. Only time will tell.

PCLinux seems like another fair-to-middlin release. I didn't play with
it very long but it seemed to work just fine. There's a local computer
store that recommends it for Microsofties, that want something better,
to start out with. They preload it on some of their systems. Walk in,
walk out with a preloded Linux box.

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh