Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:57:59 -0600
On 2/11/07, Benjamin Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nah. HP-UX runs on PA-Risc processors. I think they just are still to
damn afraid to piss off Microsoft plain and simple.

well I did only use HP as an example, but I think you are right in
part (that they are hesitant to piss off microsoft).

I think another reason for not pre-installing linux, is that it is
costly to setup and maintain the driver verification and system
imaging process. And there is real question as to whether there would
be a market that would make it profitable to do so.

that's why I think that SUSE should change the install process, to
enable a "system hardware" cd to be referenced. I don't really see why
Novell could not, in partnership with HP, put together the correct
drivers/support software for a given set of systems specs. Then HP
could make the ISO available to download, or it could be shipped with
a system if the customer asked for the SUSE linux option.

Peter