Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:49:44 +0100

On Sunday 11 February 2007 18:24, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Why are you updating the kernel?
>
> But if you really have to, just get that one package, and install it
> manually. Don't add factory as a source

Did you miss this when you read my mail?

You don't need to install every package through a package manager. You can get
individual rpms and install them from the command line, using

rpm -ivh

or

rpm -Uvh

But above all, *why* are you updating the kernel. It's something you should
only do when it's absolutely necessary (I know there are people on this list
who would tell you otherwise - please don't listen to them. They are
experienced enough to fix things when they go wrong, and when you play with
kernels, things often go wrong)