Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Michael Letourneau <michaell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:20:25 -0500
Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> Mathias Homann wrote:
>
>> and what exactly IS "etc" on your box?
>> post the output of "zypper sl" here, otherwise noone can help you.
>>
>> [snip]
>> 8 | Yes | Yes | YUM | 20070204-092526 | http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/
>> 9 | No | Yes | YaST | 20070113-114820 | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/
>> 10 | Yes | Yes | YUM | SUSE-Linux-10.2-Updates | http://ftp.ale.org/pub/suse/update/10.2

[snip]

Ummm you have the factory as an installation source. As Anders said, if
you are using experimental code you are going to have issues if you are
looking for a stable machine.
Please read the info on what the factory is for:
http://en.opensuse.org/Factory_Distribution

10.2 has been rock solid for me. I would recommend you try again and be
more conservative on your installation sources...

Michael