Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:22:33 +0100
eject button on the drive does nothing because SOMETHING has it locked.
I can't "unmount" the drive. I guess I'm going to have to resort to the
paper clip method to open the drive tray.

You can unmount the drive... use the "lazy" method. Take a look at
the man page for umount. There is a lazy option... umount -l should
force it to unmount

It would be interesting to find out what has been going wrong for you.
For me, 10.2 has been rock solid stable since I sorted out my sound
card hardware problems. In fact for everyone I've helped install 10.2
has had excellent results.. mind you, I am not hooking them up with
the bleeding edge repositories... only the update repos and
Guru/Packman (to get the codecs, MPlayer, dvd stuff, mp3 stuff). If
they stick to those, everything works beautifully.

C.