Re: [opensuse] umount automounted media
  • From: Carlos F Lange <carlos.lange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:43:18 -0700
On Saturday 10 February 2007 11:54, Hans de Faber wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a little problem dismounting automounted media (CDROM).
> If a device is automounted within a user account I want to dismount
> it in the same useraccount.
> If I try to dismount the device I get the message "The device
> /dev/hdc is not in fstab and You are not root".
>
> Checking the properties of this device learns that the user is
> correct. Checking the umount command tells that the set uid property
> is set.
>
> What else can be wrong ???

I don't think there is anything wrong. The automounter does not use the
traditional method with fstab, so umount does not work (my poor
understanding of it).

Go to the System tab in the left-hand panel of Konqueror and find your
mounted device under Storage Media. Right-click and choose "Safely
Remove" for the automounter to unmount the device.

Carlos FL