[opensuse] upgrading between versions of openSuse
  • From: "Rami Michael" <thikrat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:45:13 -0500
Hi All,

I know many threads have talked about this before, but I was wondering
if there was a definitive thread that is considered the ANSWER or best
of breed for this topic. My questions and scenarios are this.

#1. For example, if you install opensuse 10.0 and only use the Novell
based openSuse repos then you can pretty easily upgrade to 10.1 or
10.x. However, lets say you use 10.0 and you install smart and some
other common repos like jenglh. Now you are outside of the "known"
packages. Are you now unable to do a regular update using the new
openSuse DVD?

#2. Is there a common way or is it even possible to upgrade between
10.x and lets say an 11.x ? Is this supported at all? I only heard
horror stories from people going from 9.3 to 10.x

As always, thanks for any help/opionion.

Regards