[opensuse] Re: irqpoll, ATI Xpress 200, SB600 and ethernet...
  • From: "Jorge Raimundo" <jorge.raimundo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:53:05 +0000
Hi...

On 2/2/07, Jorge Raimundo <jorge.raimundo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know what the irqpoll boot option does.

The only way to get my sata disk recognized in a ATI Xpress 200
chipset with an SB600 was to pass this boot option to the installer's
grub.
However, I get my system log constantly flooded with:

unexpected IRQ trap at vector a0
irq 160, desc: c0396e00, depth: 1, count: 0, unhandled: 0
>handle_irq(): c0145fea, handle_bad_irq+0x0/0x1f2
>chip(): c0344580, 0xc0344580
>action(): 00000000
IRQDISABLED set
IRQPENDING set

And, as if this wasn't enough, my ethernet card isn't recognized.
Does anyone have any hint about how to get past this. I have a few
development machines in our university waiting to be installed because
of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Jorge Raimundo

P.S.: Never the less I would like to congratulate the openSUSE team
for this great distro. Excelent job on this release.

Just to end with this one...

The problem was solved installing the
kernel-default-2.6.20_rc6-25.1.i586.rpm from
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_10.2/i586/
The irqpoll boot option is still needed.

If anyone could give a hint to solve this withou the boot option it
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge