[opensuse] Re: Novell Please make Bugzilla for OpenSuse really Open.
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:42:14 +0100
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:25:24 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

>Having a bugzilla for a supposedly open project organized in such a way
>that users and potential contributors cannot see some bugs seems to me
>to be a serious and fundamental flaw in an open project!

Keep in mind that bugzilla is used for *all* Novell products, many of
them closed source (eg. Netware, Border manager etc.). There are also
our enterprise products like SLED and SLE where customers must pay for
support and maintenance. So access *must* be restricted.

But access to bugs pertaining to openSUSE releases are freely
accessable. So I don't see where there's a flaw.

Philipp