Re: [opensuse] autoyast ... can the xml file be used with just a simple dvd install?
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:03:06 -0600
On 2/5/07, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, control file is the XML file generated by AutoYaST or by the cloning at
the end of the installation.

that is very good, thank you.

Now, one or two more "can it do this" questions, and if the answer is
yes, I'll go to the docs to figure out the HOW:

1)if I want to do a basic install, then set some environment values
perhaps, or add in a package or two that were forgotten in the
original install, can I create the autoyast.xml at this point so that
it captures these changes? (again, I don't want or need all the
complexity of an install source on the network, etc ... I just want to
be able to duplicate and automate a few installs using the xml file on
a floppy and the dvd installation method)

2)will this procedure still "identify" hardware? So, for example, if I
want an exact duplicate package selection and disk partitioning, but
the monitor is different, or the system board is different, etc ...
will the auto installs using autoyast.xml work for this?

Thank you Stanislov, I appreciate your assistance!

Peter