Re: [opensuse] Re: Hi
  • From: Paul Walsh <Paul.Walsh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:37:19 +0000
JB wrote:
> On Saturday 03 February 2007 09:44, Chuck Davis wrote:
>
>> person to whom I am replying forgot what (s)he said. Scrolling down
>> is a waste of time and energy. Top posting LIVE FOREVER!!! :)
>
> Shout out that laziness!
>
>> Bottom posting may have had a place in the 80's and 90's but I doubt
>> it and, additionally, those days are over.
>
> You mean reading English from top to bottom changed in 2000?
>
> <plonk>

Pretty much what I was about to point out. Sadly, the reason so many people seem to have adopted top-posting is a
certain LookOut MUA which does it by default. It's akin to answering a question before it's been asked. It makes more
logical sense to read replies *after* the original posting. As for "scrolling down is a waste of time and energy" how
much time/energy is wasted hitting CTRL-End (or whatever your GUI's key combination for "jump to the bottom" is)?

Perhaps we're all supposed to start reading Lord of the Rings backwards?

--
Paul Walsh