Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work - FIXED
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 00:18:26 -0600
OK folks, after writing a bug report (after searching bugzilla and not
finding exactly the same problem), I got a message back from the team
saying that it was the same as bug #222561 which had an update issued on
17 Jan 07. That is the one that fixed Russ's problem and should have fixed
mine, but because I had the wrong repository in my update manager, it
didn't get fixed.

I added the repositories that were listed in a couple of previous posts
and, after the updates, everything started working. It seems that the
coding was a bit too finicky when it came to some dual mode (cd + dvd)
drives and their firmware, such as the one that I have. Whatever, it is
fixed now and I thanked the team very much for their prompt response and I
want to pass along a great big thank you to everyone on this list who
tried to help.

Fred