Re: [opensuse] how to update alsa to 1.0.14rc2 on Suse 10.1 with checkinstall?
  • From: Robert Lewis <rll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:11:36 -0800
Robert,

> Thanks for the virtually instant reply. Which USB headset did you
> get? Does it matter? Gus
I deleted the above. I bought a Logitech At the time they had a sale
that cut the price
down to $19.99 to good to pass up.

Premium USB Headset 350

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=124502&WT.mc_n=4&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=GOOGLE&cm_pla=DATAFEED-%3EPRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4

It works quite well. No analogue, controls all are digital. Mute
button works quite well, maybe to wellas sometimes I accidently hit
it. The volume control doesn't work at all with the alsa released
with 10.2. I compiled and installed the latest alsa and now when I
move the volume control a graphical volume indicator pops up and follows
my control nicely but no volume change is heard. I suspect this is
under development and therefor being worked on. The volume can be
changed via kmix as the USB headset is recognized there and in Skype.
One advantage is that Skype can put the ringing sounds through my
speakers while routing the
conversation through the headset.