Re: [opensuse] Fact or Fiction? Possible Novell Ban
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:48:52 -0600
On 2007-02-03 10:25, George Stoianov wrote:
> <snip>
> voted yet and the kernel group is in favor of V2 anyway. I saw the
> link on linuxtoday.com cannot find it now.
You could search your browser history for all linuxtoday references :-)

> I cannot speculate what that means to opensuse...

There are no MS patents in code in any GPL software. There never will
be. The Novell/SuSE people here have made that very clear. What can GPL3
seek to do, prohibit Novell from simultaneously distributing the kernel
and making an agreement with a company like MS? Lots of luck, that would
only be completely illegal.

--
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. -- HG Wells