Re: [opensuse] Memory Stick Mounting
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 12:09:29 -0500
On Saturday 03 February 2007 07:10, Rajko M. wrote:
> This is how I would check which USB protocol is used USB 1.1 or USB 2.0,
>
> Insert memory stick.
> Select KInfoCenter from Main Menu -- System -- Monitor.
> You will see USB Devices in left panel, click on it and the bigger right
> panel will show the list of devices.
> Find your memory stick, click on it and see what kind of version of USB
> interface is listed and max speed for it.
> --
> Regards, Rajko.

Here is what I got, but this time I left it there while shoveling snow and it
did not get recognized, I did a reboot and it was found then.

The memory stick is usb 2.0 and the interface is usb 1.1.

The speed is not a real problem, how long it takes to be seen is what I am
looking at, and sometimes it is not seen except at a reboot.

I am wondering if much has changed between 10.1 and 10.2 in this area, or is
it just my old computer.

TD Classic 003C

Manufacturer: Memorex
Serial #: 0C50B360C0A0CA70