Re: [opensuse] LCD monitor graphics not aligned with screen
  • From: "james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:49:00 -0500
> On 2/2/07, Edward Serna <fisherman2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Installing OpenSuse 10.2 I did not see nothing on my screen, so I
> > change connection from DVI to analog and saw the installation program.
> > Completed the installation and notice the desktop image was moved
> > towards the right. From the LCD menu I gave it the option: Digital,
> > and was restored to its position. I have to do this everytime I log
> > in.
> >
> > Is there any solution to this?
> >
> > I have a ViewSonic VP920b LCD monitor and Radeon 9200 graphics card.
>
> Have you tried using the auto adjust on the monitor that has done it
> for me in the past.
> --

I have a very similar issue every time I switch over via KVM. I used to have to select 'factory reset' from the menu and it would correct itself. In my case, I was able to setup 'profiles' on my monitor. I do believe the ViewSonic VP920b supports 'profiles'. If this is the case you might want to go that route. If not, the auto-adjust or reset should do the trick.

James