Re: [opensuse] Switching keyboard layouts
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:30:10 +0200
On 2/3/07, Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Goldstein wrote:

> So you can add the line:
> Option "XkbVariant" "winkeys"

Strange, but both "winkeys" and "xfree86" doesn't help.

> As for Alt-Shift, the option would be:
>
> Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

That section looks like
________________________
Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "winkeys"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection
________________________

Sorry, I should have sent you full text.
You have to specify all layouts here. I've found my old xorg.conf from
10.0 (do you want 9.1 by chance? I have found it too :-) )

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:lwin_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "xfree86"
EndSection

Add Armenian after ru (like "us,ru,am")
And in KDE I disabled keyboard layouts.

How do you do that from Sax? There I see only ticks before Russian and
Armenian, and I've put them manually to phonetic. No shortcuts...

I do not remember how exactly it looked in 10.0. There is some tab (in
10.2 it is called "options") it which you can 'tick' the proper
combination. I have one box with 10.0 in the office, I'll check it out
after weekend (if we still fail to find out how to configure it :-( ).

I also remember that on 10.0 it took me some time before it started
working. I've chosen something like pc105-international model and
nothing worked. Then I noticed in /var/log/Xorg.log message that this
keyboard model is not compiled or something like that. I played with
models and eventually found that pc104 worked. Fortunately, you have
it already.

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein