Re: [opensuse] Switching keyboard layouts
  • From: Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:41:17 +0400
Mark Goldstein wrote:

So you can add the line:
Option "XkbVariant" "winkeys"

Strange, but both "winkeys" and "xfree86" doesn't help.

As for Alt-Shift, the option would be:

Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

That section looks like
________________________
Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "winkeys"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection
________________________

And I've noticed the following message while booting

|doneLoading compose table winkeys shiftctrl latin1.adddone
|Start Unicode mode

I never remember exact format. I usually do it from SaX2 and then edit
it to get exactly what I want.

How do you do that from Sax? There I see only ticks before Russian and Armenian, and I've put them manually to phonetic. No shortcuts...

Besides, changing in Shortcuts(in control center) to Alt+Shift, brings to Alt+ISO_Next_Group text on that place. And that doesn't work either.

Sergey
--
Sergey Mkrtchyan,
Master Student @