Re: [opensuse] mounting anomaly
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 07:05:28 -0500
* Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-03-07 01:14]:
> For those of you who recall my router and 10.0 system being hacked
> into some time ago (root logins enabled via ssh; weak passwords all
> around,) which I repaired by installing 10.2 from scratch then
> emptying out what was '/' for 10.0... emptied as in erased, not
> formatted... well... I'm finally able to recover that disk space and
> put it back into service. One problem, though: it won't mount
> normally... keeps turning the mount point directory green in my
> shell. See http://www.cehartung.com/images/green-mnt-pt.png
[...]

different permissions but why ??? drwxrwxrwt <---

man:/usr/share/man/man1p/chmod.1p.gz

The perm symbol t shall specify the S_ISVTX bit. When used with a file
of type directory, it can be used with the who symbol a, or with no who
symbol. It shall not be an error to specify a who symbol of u, g, or o
in conjunction with the perm symbol t, but the meaning of these
combinations is unspecified. The effect when using the perm symbol t
with any file type other than directory is unspecified.

octal is 1000 s_isvtx

try changing perms and see what :^)

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/