[opensuse] Switching keyboard layouts
  • From: Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:44:15 +0400
Hi List,

What I want is to be able to switch different keyboard layouts by shortcut keys. Currently I have three layouts(english, russian and armenian). The default, which I can see in Keyboard Shortcuts section in Control Center is Alt+Ctrl+k, but when I use it and it successfully switches to russian layout, then it doesn't work for russian-armenian switching. I guess that being russian it's not Alt+Ctrl+k anymore.

So, I've added alternate shortcut, for russian Alt+Ctrl+k key sequence, but it doesn't seem to be a solution, because then how do I switch from armenian back to english.

I've also played with the xkb Options(though not knowing what it is, but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for).

Am I missing something?

Running SuSE 10.0 yet.

Sergey
--