Re: [opensuse] php5: dynamic extensions in php.ini?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:46:13 +0100
On Saturday 03 February 2007 05:01, Cristian Rodriguez R. wrote:
> Michal Marek escribió:
> >> btw.: when updating to the above version I had to remove some modules
> >> that caused conflicts because they are not available in the same version
> >> as the rest (I guess I don't need these modules anyway).
> >
> > Some modules were merged (like php5-mysqli is now part of php5-mysql),
> > could it be that?
>
> yes very likely, for < 10.0 , you should remove all php5 packages and
> then upgrade to the buildservices ones. I have never tested how it
> baheves on upgrade from 10.0, only from 10.1 and up. :-)
>
> I guess I should check what packages has been obsoleted since that time..

the packages I had to remove are:
php5-dbx, php5-dio, php5-fam, php5-filepro, php5-mysqli, php5-yp

those packages are version 5.0.4-9

I obviously installed them with my first attempt to upgrade from php4 to 5,
and when later updating to 5.2.0-70.1 yast saw a conflict, so I decided to
remove them. Yast offered the correct solution, so the upgrade on 10.0 was
perfect.

thanks for your work.

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch