Re: [opensuse] VMWare and kernel Version
  • From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:54:36 -0500
I got past this (stuck elsewhere but that's another issue). For anyone else
who has this issue:

VMware forum:
http://kb.vmware.com/vmtnkb/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=VMTN-F219-T41713-M434746&sliceId=M434746&dialogID=9449162&stateId=0%200%209441841&doctag=Forum%20Posts

I changed references to linux/version.h

"A somewhat cleaner solution is to edit vmware-config-tools.pl - go to
check_answer_headerdir() line 1293 (in my version), change references to
linux/version.h to linux/utsrelease.h "

Thanks.

--

Brett I. Holcomb