Re: [opensuse] Battery expecntancy
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:02:22 -0600
> on my thinkpad R60 and suse 10.2 is OS writing to disk every cca 3-5
> second. So there is no way to switch to standby mode. I don't know which
> process. Is it possible discover process which writes something to disk???
> I have 2GB of ram.

The hald is the culprit.
rchal stop
will stop hald from scanning for a new hardware, but then you have to mount
CD/DVD and USB memory stick manually. Once before with SuSEwatcher it worked,
but now when devices are created as needed with udev, I don't know.
Appropriate desktop link with script can do that, or just
rchal start
insert CD, wait until it is mounted and than again stop it.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal