Re: [opensuse] Screensaver Wierdness
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:55:06 -0500
On Fri February 2 2007 4:31 pm, Kai Ponte scratched these words onto a
coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> On Friday 02 February 2007 12:34, James Ogley wrote:
> > > The screensaver sometimes works and sometimes not, apparently at
> > > random. I haven't seen any comments on this so I'm wondering if
> > > I'm the only one with the problem. Is that the case or is it a
> > > known reported bug? The screensaver is not a big deal but it is a
> > > useful function. Any thoughts?
> >
> > Seems to be connected to long logins. I've actually never got
> > around to reporting this so if you'd like to do the honours (and
> > tell me the bug # off-list please) that would be great.
Kai,
> Is that on cli, kde or gnome?
type it in shell ( mine's bash)
Kde is the default on these computers. Most don't have gnome..
> I've had issues on occasion with mine not working, but then I noticed
> Picasa was running. Once I turned off Picasa i had no issues.
Don't yet have Picasa installed. I will do,after I get everyone
converted to 10.2 . So maybe it would be fixed if it's not something
silly I've done .

BTW, just remembered.. need caffeine!! root doesn't seem to have the
problem, just the user accounts or, I just haven't logged in as root
often enough for it to come up :)