Re: [opensuse] Re: Daylight Savings Change
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:41:12 -0600
On 2007-02-01 22:00, Coach-X wrote:
> <snip>
>

> /etc/localtime is not owned by any rpm package, so it is safe to
> replace, but do keep the original file as a backup.
OK, I did just get around to checking the timezone package more
carefully. There are binaries included in it, which are responsible for
the glibc dependencies. Everyone has been firm in saying the files in
/usr/share/zoneinfo are just data files, so I don't have any more
problems with this.

What would be the safest way to update the zoneinfo files, leaving the
old binaries intact, using a timezone rpm package from, say, 10.2, if
one only has a 9.3 system running? I do mean *all* the zoneinfo files,
not just the specific one that is currently copied over as
/etc/localtime? The rpm manpage doesn't seem to give an option to
include just a specific set of files, it only gives an exclude option
(AFAICT).

The damn rpm should still be updated on the 9.3 updates repository.

--
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. -- HG Wells