[opensuse] irqpoll, ATI Xpress 200, SB600 and ethernet...
  • From: "Jorge Raimundo" <jorge.raimundo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:38:08 +0000
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know what the irqpoll boot option does.

The only way to get my sata disk recognized in a ATI Xpress 200
chipset with an SB600 was to pass this boot option to the installer's
grub.
However, I get my system log constantly flooded with:

unexpected IRQ trap at vector a0
irq 160, desc: c0396e00, depth: 1, count: 0, unhandled: 0
handle_irq(): c0145fea, handle_bad_irq+0x0/0x1f2
chip(): c0344580, 0xc0344580
action(): 00000000
IRQDISABLED set
IRQPENDING set

And, as if this wasn't enough, my ethernet card isn't recognized.
Does anyone have any hint about how to get past this. I have a few
development machines in our university waiting to be installed because
of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Jorge Raimundo

P.S.: Never the less I would like to congratulate the openSUSE team
for this great distro. Excelent job on this release.