Re: [opensuse] Battery expecntancy
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:15:08 +0100
> What kind of battery time do you guys get on your notebooks ? I bought
> a new one on Monday and it is supposed to get up to 4 hours but i only
> get 1 hour 40 minutes. I have charged and discharged the battery a
> couple of times. I wonder if it's the wireless that takes all the
> power.The battery meter kpowersave freezes sometimes as well.
>
> Mark
Hi .

I have a Compaq Presario 5030 64bit laptop with every thing screwed down
tight i can just about squeeze 3 hours out of the battery .

As M.Harris has said go thru every thing and if not needed haveit turned off
i find the backlight on the display and the CPU are the big killers ..

Hmmm... interesting... I have an early Centrino laptop (1.4Ghz), and
when it was new, I was easily able to get around 5 hours on the
battery on normal use (ie not gaming or compiling), and if I tweaked
everything as M.Harris suggests, I could push that just over 6 hours
if I limited activity to things like email, web browsing, document
editing, and did not use the WiFi. Of course now that it's a few
years old, the battery life has reduced.

Of course that's Centrino, and they were built with low power
consumption in mind.

C.