Re: [opensuse] I give up!
  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:57:49 -0800

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:28:16 -0500, "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

(^_^)On Monday 29 January 2007 08:17, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
(^_^)> time/situation comes up, although I very much doubt I will be fooling
(^_^)> around with Mandriva anytime soon. Maybe it's their way of making people
(^_^)> buy the non-free version?
(^_^)
(^_^)I missed how Mandriva came into this conversation, but it caught my attention
(^_^)because I just installed Mandriva 2007 powerpack. It's very nice, definitely
(^_^)worth a look.

It came up because in the process of figuring out why I was having
problems with SuSe, I had installed Mandriva and while it did install
(along with the bootloader) it didn't have a shutdown function that was
not readily available for newbies like me! :-) Even at the login screen,
you could only log in, you couldn't reboot or shutdown, although the
permissions were set to allow it. <shrug>

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers