Re: [opensuse] Daylight Savings Change
  • From: Brian Jackson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:42:00 -0800
On Thursday 01 February 2007 13:36, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> > Darryl,
> > Hopefully they will fix it, if not you can take a working zone file
> > from 10.2 and use it to overwrite /etc/localtime. It worked on our
> > systems.
>
> I thought timezone has glibc dependencies. I would be hesitant to
> stuff a package, or even a single file from a package, from one
> version into another version, without knowing those dependencies
> weren't going to be busted at all.

I just tried my /etc/localtime from a 10.2 box on a 9.2 box and it
didn't work. Still have the old DST dates. :(

I've got an 8.2 box lying around as well :o Custom app that has a
dependency on an old verion of Tk. Porting, but still have to use the
8.2 box.

Adjusting DST manually for now.

--
Brian Jackson Photo